From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi" <godfreydigio...@me.com>
To: "PDML" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2015 4:44:41 PM
Subject: Re: GESO 2015 - First Pix with Leica SL - GDG

This is true, it's an expensive piece of equipment. But it's an entirely
different kind of camera compared to the 645Z and not directly comparable. In
the Leica product range, the comparable piece of equipment to the Pentax 645Z
is the Leica S system … which is quite a bit more expensive, particularly the
lenses.

It all depends what you're after. I have looked at the Pentax 645Z as I had a
645 in the past and liked it, but it wasn't what I was after. The SL is exactly
what I've been hoping to see, and proves to be just the ticket for me.

I bought both SL and 24-90 lens (a $5000 "kit" lens? LOL!). I'll likely only
use the zoom occasionally, though; my original plan was to buy just the body
since I have a full complement of Leica R lenses to use with the camera, could
have saved that money. But it's nice to have one dedicated lens that allows me
to use all the features of the body including all exposure modes, AF, and image
stabilization.

onwards,