I'm afraid neither the Leica, nor the 645Z is anywhere in my foreseeable
future.

On 11/21/2015 7:44 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
This is true, it's an expensive piece of equipment. But it's an
entirely different kind of camera compared to the 645Z and not
directly comparable. In the Leica product range, the comparable
piece of equipment to the Pentax 645Z is the Leica S system … which
is quite a bit more expensive, particularly the lenses.

It all depends what you're after. I have looked at the Pentax 645Z
as I had a 645 in the past and liked it, but it wasn't what I was
after. The SL is exactly what I've been hoping to see, and proves to
be just the ticket for me.

I bought both SL and 24-90 lens (a $5000 "kit" lens? LOL!). I'll
likely only use the zoom occasionally, though; my original plan was
to buy just the body since I have a full complement of Leica R
lenses to use with the camera, could have saved that money. But it's
nice to have one dedicated lens that allows me to use all the
features of the body including all exposure modes, AF, and image
stabilization.

onwards, G