On Wed, 1 May 2002, Aaron Reynolds wrote:
> The metering prism has a bar out the side, making the camera taller on
> one side than the other.  The non-metering prism lacks this bar.

Thanks to the PDML'ers, I've learned this.. but my next questions are:

How to tell a MLU from non-MLU unit? Is it possible by the name? IE, if it
says Honeywell, can I assume its a non-MLU, if it says Asahi Pentax it
could go either way, but if it says Pentax its definalty a MLU?

Also, sometimes I see the lenses marked as "late," this means what
exactly?

--
http://www.infotainment.org
         "The destructive character is cheerful."  - Walter Benjamin