this is what I have

http://www.aztekcomputers.com/PD6548SL-EMERSON-794250.html?source=googleps&gclid=CMn8qp7zmM4CFUkkhgodE48MIQ

This is what it does now. I turn on the radio and get silence... thinking I turned it off a walk away and quite a while later the radio comes on. I figured it was just that the station I was on had died for a while... but this has happened two or three more times.. turn on radio, silence, eventually radio is on. Today I checked the time that I turned it on.. it was a full 30 minutes before it suddenly woke up. I dont have the
batteries in, I have the radio plugged into an outlet.

anyone know what is going on here? I remember years ago things needed to warm up before playing... but it didn't take 30 minutes.

ann scratching head