Ann, that is very strange indeed.  As a former physics major who used to
tinker with radio broad casting and transmitting equipment, as well as
radio receivers, I can think of no credible explanation. Have there been
any recent alien abductions reported in the Village lately?  <G>

The only solution I can think of is trow away the radio and get an iPhone.

Dan Matyola