Daniel J. Matyola Thu, 08 Sep 2016 14:56:49 -0700 wrote:

I can crop out some of the top, although that will mean either cropping the
sides as well, which I do not want to do, or leaving the image a lot wider
than it is high (which is not necessarily bad).

That's exactly why I had reservations about _cropping_ in my followup response to Ken's message. I am not that keen on extremely elongated images, unless the subject warrants that (such as a panorama).

The scene was backlit, and I had trouble seeing and focusing, so I didn't compose it well.

Before you've written this, I actually had thought the exposure was handled very well (and I still think that way).

Thanks for looking, Igor, and for your helpful comments.  I must, however,
point out that Ephesus in in Turkey, not Greece.  <G>

Oops! That shows my ignorance.
I was in a rush, and didn't look up what and where that is.
"Ephesus" sounded Greek to me (literally, literally!)
So, having seen a bunch of your photos from Greece recently, I just assumed that it was from Greece.
Although, now, having googled it, I confirmed that it _WAS_ a Greek city!
So, the corrected statement should be:

... you've left Greece already, and so has Ephesus. :-)

Cheers,

Igor