Igor PDML-StR wrote:

I am surprised why I cannot find a bracket that allows such quick
flipping. I'd expect it would be useful to sport photographers, for
those sports where you'd want both portrait and landscape shots, and
switch between the two. But maybe those people use two cameras each on a
separate monopod?

Because it is quick and easy with a ball head, all of the good ones have a special notch that allows you to tip the camera exactly 90 degrees. Anything that only does 90 degrees would cost about as much.