Now that someone mentions books... I just bought a couple and I (as a total
newbie in need of expanations) would recommend both...
Les Meehan's Creative Exposure Control
Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure.
I've had trouble with exposure and these two have certainly helped a lot.
The first one has a really good approach to understanding the zone system...
very clear and with excellent tips on callibrating the meter, the film, the
developing process... it's somewhat more technical than the other, but very
good.
The second never mentions the zone system and the author is not a fan of
handheld meters, but his ideas on getting "correct" exposures using the built
in meters are excellent. He gives tips for all kinds of lighting situations,
and excellent ideas on creative use of shutter speeds, appertures and film
speeds. His explanations as clear as I could ever ask for.

I'd say a good book is a great gift... always.

Fernando, the newbie