Hi,

Bob wrote:

> one of my bright ideas is that a mid-grey (or mid-toned) lens cloth
> about 30cm square would be more useful than a grey card......

.....and, believe it or not, Pentax (taraaah!) make one.  A few
years ago I was in a local chemist and saw a display of the
Pentax microfibre cloths.  Paisley and other assorted patterns.
Looking through, I saw a grey one and decided that that was the
one I wanted.  It took another few months before whatever
subconscious thought which had triggered that purchase surfaced
and I realised what I could also use it for.

My SO was most perplexed that I didn't want a paisley one but
couldn't explain why.......

mid-tone mike