I suspect that the same body has already been through some jarring
moments being shipped to its final destination, whether by container
ship or by plane.  Loading/unloading boxes, loading/unloading
containers, the trip itself, the distribution network which ships the
cameras to its retailer and the shipping to the customer's house, all
involving UPS/Fedex wannabee monkeys.  I don't know exactly the
mechanism of the shake reduction, but I suspect its some kind of piezo
device, which means that when its off its pretty rigid.

--
-- Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding
it still. Dorothea Lange