That has happened to me for several years already. :-(

I looked into routing agreements between providers, but that didn't fit the pattern. An original email from Australia, Russia or the Philippines was just as likely to get lost in space as was the ones from Ohio, Michigan or California.

It could be a glitch in the PDML list software, of course, but I find that unlikely. If it was, I kinda think that it would affect the same messages for everyone, which it doesn't.

As Dan Matyola says, some may end up in end-user spam folders. Spam filters are in effect at provider level too.

I believe what happens is that the email providers have quarantine bots that flag and withhold messages based on simple rules, and then use more sophisticated analysis to release the messages if deemed harmless. This would explain why original postings can arrive from PDML days after its comments; or not arrive at all if it didn't pass the rules.

At one point, I subscribed to PDML from both gmail and my own domain to look for differences, and there were. Even when telling gmail and my domain's mail server to "whitelist" everything from pdml.net, some messages were either delayed or lost. And still not always the same messages.

Keeping track of two accounts that way was too tedious to be a solution, though, so I grudgingly settled for using my private domain, where I felt that I had more control over the mail filtering.

When needed, I go to the PDML archives to see the original posts.

Jostein