On 7/2/2017 13:36, Mark Roberts wrote:
Mark C wrote:

I feel your pain, Ann.

It seemed that one solution to the "reply to list" issue would be to
customize Thunderbird so "reply to list" is on the message toolbar, next
to "reply to message". But I've been unable to get that to work - I pull
the reply to list button onto the tool bar and it looks just as it
should as long as I'm in customize mode. But once I revert to normal
operating mode it disappears. Only to reappear when I go back into
customize mode.

I've begun experimenting with new mail clients. So far Opera Mail and
Mail Bird have been busts for me, but there are plenty of others out there.

Or you can just go back to the previous version of Thunderbird:
http://www.oldapps.com/thunderbird.php

Or this one. https://archive.org/details/MozillaThunderbirdV45.8.0

It's the version I'm using and I'm not having the "Reply List" problem.