Den 23.10.2017 13:01, skrev Leon Altoff:
It must be annoying being summoned all the time.

Doesn't take much to flatter me, sir... :-)

I considered using multiple SD cards, but I'm trying to automate as much of
the workflow as possible.I will try PK tether on the K3, but I have to move
a couple of boxes to get to it as it's packed with some other equipment.

As to what I'm photographing, I'm starting with skeletal structures and
spicules of marine sponges found along our coastline (100 plus specimens).
They are very 3 dimensional.  My wife has asked me to do the stylets of
marine ribbon worms after that (lots of species, about 80 I think).  Then
there is what we find next field work season.

Sounds like a terrific challenge. The spicules are quite variable in size too, aren't they? I have an ambition to make stacks of freshwater zooplankton next summer, but not at all sure I will get my rig right. I try to avoid using microscopes, and instead use microscope objectives stacked onto a 200mm acting as tube lens.

Light room exporting to Zerene Stacker seems to be working fine, but mostly
I want to get the images loaded with the correct reference number into the
PC.  I'll figure out the workflow that works best for me.  I'll be cutting
a thin slice of the specimen, putting it on a slide and doing about 3 to 4
stacks then moving on to the next for the sponges.  The stylets, I'm yet to
investigate

Hmmm. Do you use the custom renaming function in the import routine in Lightroom?

Jostein