> On Dec 13, 2017, at 6:24 PM, Mark Roberts <postmas...@robertstech.com> wrote:
>
> Don't worry about setting ppi. Consumer printers will handle that by
> themselves when the customer chooses a print size (and I've printed up
> to 12 x 18 from 6MP ist-D files). For phones and tablets the display
> driver will scale the image appropriately, regardless of ppi.
>
> I don't think there's a phone made these days with less than an
> 8-megapixel camera so they can handle images at least that big, by
> definition.
>
> In short, there's no need to make high-resolution and high resolution
> versions of the images: Give 'em 6MP and they'll be able to show the
> photos on their phones and print as large as they're ever likely to
> want. Less work for you.

Thanks again, Mark. Hopefully one last puzzlement. You suggest 6-megapixel
images but also 2000 X 6000 pixels, which is 12-magapixels.

And by consumer printers I take it you’re referring to places like Fed-Ex
Office or Walmart?

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."

- Amos Oz