On 24/1/18, Larry Colen, discombobulated, unleashed:

>The other option would be to get something cheap until I could afford
>something better a ways down the line.  What sort of technology should I
>look for and what would I need to pay to get it?

Without a doubt, LED. Don't get LCD as you will be disappointed.

That said, I have a Samsung 43 inch plasma and it's superb. The colours are
amazing and the blacks excellent. The tonal range is really good and I would
much rather sit in front of that watching a movie than go to a theatre full of
noisy people!

Good luck

--

Cheers,