Indeed, as Paul wrote, plasma screens have a very high quality picture.
But, they are the most unreliable TV sets. In my work, I've learned
about those from the people who were very close to (or even worked for) the R&D department of one of the major TV manufacturers.

Roughly, a half of the price (if not more) you pay (paid, as they are almost extinct) for a plasma TV set is (was) for the warranty. The percentage of warranty replacements /repairs was very high.
The curious thing is that it was not a QC-based problem. Rather, it
is a fundamental problem originating from the physics of the very process used there: plasma environment is aggressive for the materials.

Igor