On 20/2/18, Rick Womer, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Sorry this isn't clear. There are 3 external drives in our little
>drama: Backup (Time Machine), New, and Photo.
>
>The Mac Mini isn't showing the icons for =any= drives. (The System
>Report knows they're there, though).
>
>My venerable MacBook Pro recognizes all three, opens Backup and New,
>but can't open Photo.

Silly question, have you rebooted the Mac Mini and run Disk First Aid in the
Disk Utility App? What OS is the Mac Mini using?

The problem is with the Mac Mini. It may or may not be the case that 'Photo' is
a hardware failure, or it may be that it has become corrupted due to the issue
with the Mac Mini.

I would be looking at the Mac Mini, personally.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__    UK Shoot / Edit and