At 09:48 AM 5/5/2018, Mike Wilson wrote:

>How are you protecting the operator from (at least) a nasty burn on the thumb?

Mike -

The electronics is in a 2-gang plastic electrical box at the top of the (~ 3
foot) pole under the reflector. A  triac trigger has been added to the
electronics in the box. The operator is holding the bottom of the pole and is
pushing a button carrying 5 volts DC.

Remember where I have spent my career. I am used to having to try to make
things idiot-proof, or as we say in radio engineering, "DJ-proof."

Dale H. Cook, 50+ years as an SLR photographer,
Pentax K-70 w/ Pentax-DA 18-270mm lens, using
colored filters for B&W gravestone photography