> On May 5, 2018, at 12:03 PM, Dale H. Cook <radiot...@plymouthcolony.net>
> wrote:
>
> At 12:49 PM 5/5/2018, Larry Colen wrote:
>
>> Just out of curiosity, do you also happen to be a ham?
>
> No - I have been a commercial operator for nearly 50 years but never an
> amateur operator.

Interesting.  So many people get into things like radio and photography
professionally as an extension of a personal interest that first has them doing
it as a hobby.

In college, I was talking to someone in my basic circuits class about the
lecture on resistor bridges. I commented that they looked like full wave
rectifiers, but with resistors rather than diodes, and I was blown away that
someone could be in their second year of Electrical Engineering without already
knowing basic electronics from personal interest.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com