> On May 5, 2018, at 9:25 AM, Dale H. Cook <radiot...@plymouthcolony.net> wrote:
>
> At 09:48 AM 5/5/2018, Mike Wilson wrote:
>
>> How are you protecting the operator from (at least) a nasty burn on the
>> thumb?
>
> Mike -
>
> The electronics is in a 2-gang plastic electrical box at the top of the (~ 3
> foot) pole under the reflector. A  triac trigger has been added to the
> electronics in the box. The operator is holding the bottom of the pole and is
> pushing a button carrying 5 volts DC.
>
> Remember where I have spent my career. I am used to having to try to make
> things idiot-proof, or as we say in radio engineering, "DJ-proof.”

A task that would be a lot easier if idiots weren’t so damned clever.

Just out of curiosity, do you also happen to be a ham?  And, no, I could never
get my code over 3wpm, Now that that is no longer an issue, I just simply don’t
have the time to add another hobby onto the pile.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com