On 5/7/2018 5:49 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
That’s where I’m at. Looks like Pentax shot themselves in the foot on this one.
Hope they read Dpreview and this list. What were they thinking?

There is a thread on DPR about this. It seems that in typical fashion, DPR did a Bozo the Clown with the K1II. They didn't use the same lens as they did on the K1, and the consensus among some of the sharper tacks that post there is that the K1II images are not focused as sharply as they could be. The conclusion seems to be that very slight misfocus can appear to be heavy handed noise reduction. I wouldn't read anything into the DPR test other than that they are ham fisted morons.

bill