Hi Rick,

I agree with the other responses: I doubt this had anything to do with the
Google API change. It certainly hasn't happened on my system, and I got the
notification when I clicked on the Maps module and found it no longer worked.

First: I presume you've checked the folders on the hard drive and all the files
are still there. If you have used the "Metadata > Save metadata to files"
command, all your metadata, including keywords, are saved on disk in the actual
image files for DNG, TIFF, and JPEG files, and in .xmp sidecar files for the
native raw files. (I do this regularly, as I work through a session, so that I
don't have to do it en masse. So all is not lost, if you've saved regularly as
you work.

I would definitely load a recent backup of the catalog file and test that. The
likelyhood is greatest that something simply clobbered your current .LRCAT
file. If no backup .LRCAT works, you can always start LR up, create a new
catalog, and then have it import all the existing files in ADD mode and
recreate most of the .LRCAT that way, minus virtual copies etc.

PITA for sure, but I wouldn't link it with the Google API change other than
maybe as a side effect of something that notified you.