Nice image, well seen and presented, and it has provoked interesting discussion
here!
I’ll add my 2-cents worth. I think the framing as you have it, side to side and
top to bottom, is just fine. I wonder if the image might have been a little
“better” if it had been shot more wide open. More front-to-rear distinction. If
the left (background) were less in focus, attention would more readily shift to
the in-focus couple and dog.

stan