On 7/13/2019 00:08:19, Larry Colen wrote:

Paul Stenquist wrote on 7/12/19 8:18 AM:
Thanks Rick. I enjoyed driving the Bolt for a week
While I was working on the charging piece. I think we’ll eventually see cars with 400 mile range and much faster charging.
Paul

For most people, an EV would handle the vast majority of their needs.  I was just suggesting to a friend that if he wants an EV for daily use, but occasionally needs to take long trips, he would do well to own two cars, a nice EV and a not so nice IC car.

I think I've mentioned this one before.

https://www.aixam-pro.com/fr/e-truck/fourgon

I'd buy one if they were available in the U.S. It's got ample room in the back for musical instruments and/or camera gear.

I think it could provide for all of my transportation needs with the exception of the occasional trip to Grandfather Mountain ...

Chevy is in a good position for the following business model.  If you buy a bolt, you can rent an Internal Combustion car for some reduced rate (maybe even something like 24 days a year for free). Likewise, they could even arrange it that while your bolt is being on exchange, they could rent it out to someone else.

It might even make more sense for them to do it as a lease, they own the car, and you have a timeshare lease on whichever car you need for the moment.

Note the above is not a detailed business plan, but just some very broad
strokes.

The problem with most vehicle sharing plans I'm aware of is they're not really tailored for people who need a car every day.