Well ... I am now driving a Jeep.

I wanted a Jeep for a while so I could go out west where there are places in the National Parks that *require* 4wd for entrance. In November 2017, I lucked on to a 15-year old low mileage (43,795), 4WD, 5-speed, V6 Jeep Liberty ... for only $6k.

Then life intervened - as it so often does - my little brother found himself in a pinch with no transportation, so he ended up taking my little Focus wagon.

The Jeep isn't quite as good on gas as the Focus was, although I think it will do better if I ever get the time to take that long trip I've been planning for so long ... if *Life* will just get out of the effin' way. I've put a little over 7,500 miles in 20 months.

I have managed to make one trip down to Corolla, NC where there's a beach that's 4WD only [1]. I went down to photograph Wild Horses; some of the last remaining PURE BREED Spanish Mustangs in North America.

http://www.ncwildhorses.com/corolla.htm

They're out on the beach during the summer ... so, of course, I was there in the winter when they're sheltering back behind the dunes & not very photogenic.

But that only means I need to go back again ... before next winter.