Juan, welcome back! I have been in BA a few times in the last couple of years,
kept thinking I needed to track you down and ask for restaurant recommendations
down there…

And thanks for starting this discussion. Long story short, over the last 20
years I have bought and sold many lenses. Gradually got to the point where I
probably don’t need any more and am not actively looking.
For my K-1 I have the big 3 DFA lenses. (And yes, they are big.) 15-30/2.8,
24-70/2.8, and 70-200/2.8

So, a funny thing happened on my last trip to Europe. I left all of those
lenses home. I took an A-20/2.8,  FA43/1.9, and DFA 100 macro WR.
And I also took the new GR III, APS-C with a fixed lens (28mm effective
length). Sometimes I used the 43mm, sometimes I used the 20mm e.g. when I was
inside a church or wanted wider landscapes, but most of my K-1 shots were with
the 100mm, and the GR III got extensive use for wider shots. Essentially a
two-camera two-lens system. I did sometimes miss having my zooms, but mostly
was pleased I had saved the weight and fuss of carrying multiple heavy lenses.

A few decades ago, in the late ‘70s, early ‘80s, I did extensive rock climbing
and mountaineering. I had a similar two-camera, two-lens system then: a
Nikkormat with 100mm lens and a MInox G with a zone-focus fixed focal length
lens (28mm? 35mm?). The Minox was carried on my gear sling, I could be holding
on the rock with left hand, with the right hand pull up the camera, flip open
the cover with my thumb, set the focus, match-needle the exposure, compose and
shoot, flip the cover closed, and be on my way all in just a very few seconds.
The Ricoh GR III comes the closest to a totally functional
everything-just-right of any camera I have used since those MInox cameras. I
just wish it were WR so it would be usable in the rain and had a better coating
on the screen so that it was usable in bright sun.

Actually, I am at the point where I really need to let go some of those lenses
in the closet. I love the almost sensual feel of the 77/1.8 but I seldom take
it anywhere nor use it if I do have it. It is not WR, and when using AF it does
not allow the manual fine tuning of focus that more modern Pentax lenses have.
Same is true of the 43mm. Next time I will just take my 50/1.2 for mid-range
shots. And so I see no reason to keep the 43mm.

Back to the original “lens lust” theme… I had a 400/4.0 (?5.6?) which I bought
for an Alaska trip in 2016. I was glad to have it, used it often, but too long
for me to handhold, and other than Alaska there are too few times I shoot
wildlife when using a tripod. So I sold it after the trip. (Bought a DA*
300/4.0 instead, which I don’t think I will ever let go.) I would buy another
400mm if/when I go back to Alaska.

And then one other, by far the best lens ever, the DA*200/4.0 Macro. I had one,
I wasn’t using it, I sold it to a list member who could take far more advantage
of that gem than I could. But don’t think of looking for one, such a search is
akin to a search for the Golden Fleece or the Holy Grail; you may hear rumors
of sightings, but you will not find one.

Stan