Thanks, Doug.

My internal and photo hard drives are backed up to two external hard drives
daily, and to Backblaze every evening.

Now that I get around to reading backup info on the Lightroom site, I learn
that Time Machine and LR don’t like each other very much.

The most recent LR catalog backup is a month old, alas.

I’ve considered replacing the catalog with a backup a last resort; my
experience with other software is that such things aren’t at all simple.

Rick