I couldn't remember that name "chanter" .. thanks for mentioning that.

ann

On 5/5/2020 2:53 PM, mike wilson wrote:
It's normal to use just the chanter to learn a tune or practice fingering.  The
full instrument is designed for outdoor use.  Preferably a fight, where they
excel at rallying the troops and frightening the enemy.  I much prefer the
smallpipes for their pleasant tone - plus you can sing as you play.