Isn't the stand alone GPS module still available?  It's still listed at B&H Photo as new so the K-3 III probably will support Astrotracing, just not with a built in GPS.

That doesn't do anything about the lack of a flippy screen, as I said before, Ricoh probably want's the K-3 series to be as rugged as possible and the flippy screen is a possible point of failure eliminated.

If you cannot do without it, then there are other options with it in the Pentax line, if none of those are acceptable to you...

Life is full of disappointments and hard choices have to be made when designing a camera, especially to a competitive price, sometimes those choices will go against what you want.

I have to go without an aperture simulator, which on the whole seems to be much easier to implement than a flippy screen, but that's my problem.