On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 08:56:16AM -0400, Rick Womer wrote:
> I agree, Henk. GPS and a flippy screen would have induced me to buy one.
> Apart from a high enough ISO to shoot landscapes illuminated by passing
> fireflies, I don???t see a compelling advantage over my K-5.
>
> Rick

It all depends on what you want to use the camera for. For me, AF is important.
I'm sure it's going to have better AF than a K-5; the question is how much
better.

A year ago (was it really that long ago? How time flies!) I took a trip to
Austin to watch the inaugural Indycar race at Circuit of the Americas.
I never like relying on just a single body on a trip (and having two bodies
means you can have two different focal lengths ready at all times), so for
this trip I borrowed Larry's K-3 to go along with my K-5.  After reviewing
the first day's shooting it was apparent that The K-3 was doing a better
job of focus tracking - with comparable shots with the same lens mounted I
had noticeably more out-of-focus shots with the K-5 than with the K-3.
There was still room for improvement; I'm waiting for reports on just how
much better the K3-III is before deciding whether I'm tempted (although
the alternative I'm considering - going lightweight with an OM-D system -
is less attractive now in the light of the Olympus name getting dropped).

Other things that interest me are the 12fps continuous shooting frame rate
(with a 32 frame buffer), dual memory card slots, and wireless/bluetooth.
I personally don't care about video, so the limitation of 4K to 30 fps
isn't a problem for me, but I can see it would be a problem for others.