Mike,

Think about the opposite.  Have you ever gone somewhere with someone and then
shown them the pictures upon your return, only to have them say, "Where was
that?"  "I never saw that!"

The camera sharpens my vision and experiences in the world.  It rarely
diminishes them.

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Another problem I have is that the camera intrudes on my own
 reality.  <snip>  I was therefore able to
 see the event, in the perspective of the landscape, in its
 entirety.  Instead of a portion of it through the eyepiece.  My
 benefit, potential viewers of my photograph's loss.  If I had
 any "artistic" skills, I could reproduce the event as a
 painting.  Now it is gone, except in my mind - which is, by the
 way, full of these events.....

 Anyone else find this paradoxical?      >>