> On 03 April 2021 at 15:44 Bill <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 4/3/2021 2:24 AM, mike wilson wrote:
> >
> >> On 03 April 2021 at 03:39 John <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Can't you charge the battery using the original K-3 or K-3 II chargers? Or
> >> for
> >> that matter, since the K-1 uses the same battery, use that charger?
> >>
> >> As long as the previous versions of the charger work with it, the lack of
> >> the
> >> charger wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
> >
> > Except.... if you have to sell your existing camera to finance the new, you
> > are less likely to sell/will command a lower price without the charger.
>
> Dear God, we certainly do our very best to find non existent problems
> don't we?
>
> If you need more than one battery for a day's shooting, then when you
> buy your spare battery, spend the (in my case Can$40.00) for a charger
> to go along with it.
> If you don't need more than one battery per day of shooting, plug the
> camera in before you go to sleep and have a charged battery in the morning.
>
> I really didn't realize this shit was rocket science.

I don't necessarily disagree with you about the _need_ for a battery charger
for many buyers; my point is that, for an unknown percentage of buyers, the
$40:00 extra might be the difference between buying and not.  Assuming the
wholesale cost of a charger would be $20 and the cost to buy from the
manufacturer in bulk would be half that, it does rather come over as spoiling
the ship for a ha'porth of tar.  The packaging probably costs more.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List