It seems that Nikon also makes a df-m1 dot sight.

> On Nov 25, 2021, at 12:47 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> Main benefit for the Olympus is it doesn't require any kind of adapter.
>
> Stick it on top, turn it on, EASILY align it for the lens I'm using. And
> EASILY change the alignment if I change lenses …

My impression is that the alignment has to do more with where it ends up when
you put it in the shoe than the lens.  In theory every lens will be centered in
the same place, so it’s basically just turning your camera into a rangefinder.
 I certainly don’t doubt that the $130 Oly/Nikon sights work better than making
one yourself for $20.

If I had a 3-d printer I’d be tempted to make some sort of rectangular tube I
could just mount in my hot shoe for rough framing .

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com

--