That's pretty cool. It's too bad modern lenses don't have built in sights like the old Takumar 500mm did.

Mark

On 11/25/2021 3:28 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

On Nov 25, 2021, at 12:18 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

The one Olympus item I am considering is their EE-1 Dot Sight that mounts on
the hot shoe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlzoU7KhZro
This can be a handy solution both for birding and for astro work.

At one point I had things set up with a cheap red dot sight:
https://www.amazon.com/Daisy-Electric-Airsoft-Point-Sight/dp/B000N8KHQG

Using a hot shoe to gun sight adapter

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p5641_Lacerta-adapter-for-mounting-red-dot-finders-to-camera-flash-shoes.html

https://www.amazon.com/Higoo-Universal-Camera-Adapter-Optics/dp/B075D3BCF8