Rick - I have and Epson V500 that can only scan 4 slides at once and scan at 4800 like Paul.. However, what I did for organization's sake is projected the photos in my carousels (which had already been pruned to some extent) put my camera on a tri pod and photographed the projected images.. putting them in folders on my computer naming the number of the Carousel and basic subject.. the quality is good enough to remind me what I shot ... not good enough to use  - rather like a scribbled note pad if you were writing the great american novel :-)

But good enough to glimpse on the monitor to pull out the best ones to make good files from... and works as an index .. you don't really want to dump your original Chromes, right?  if that is what you are thinking, think again.  those carefully stored chromes will last a really   long time if they are images you consider worth saving - and someone else might appreciate them not being destroyed.

File cabinets and original chromes , like letters on paper and real books don't  disappear if your hardrive crashes... or the technology becomes
obsolete in 5 minutes.

ann