I agree with those who say you'll be happy with an MX.  I have both an MX and a KX,
and except for the true mirror lock, the MX has it all over the KX.  Here are some
comparisons.
1. MX has a very bright viewfinder at approx. 97% magnification; KX is not as
magnified, and not as bright.
2. MX has a superior photo cell and a much better metering pattern.
3. MX uses LEDs which are much easier to see in dim light than KX's match needle.
4. Any MX can take a 5 fps motor drive, which says a lot about its inners.  Only
special edition KXes can be motorized, and these are very hard to come by.
5. Any MX can take interchangeable focusing screens, such as a grid screen; I don't
know of any interchangeable screens for the KX.
6. MX is small and light [maybe too small for some]; KX is pre-compact vintage, and
may be better suited for people with very large hands.
There are other differences of course, but these are the important ones for me.  I own
and use both, but if I could only have one, it would be the MX.
Regards,
Bob