I think Adrian was addressing the contrast evaluation rather than
  the exposure adjustment. With just a 2 EV range (MX) it's difficult
  to assess the scene contrast (usually more than 3 EV) just by
  looking through the viewfinder and moving the camera around.
  Modern PZ/ZX (Z/MZ) cameras are best suited with their 6 EV bar
  graph, but a needle meter won't do too bad either (most have a 4 EV
  display range).

  Servus, Alin

Wendy wrote:

wb> Hmm, wouldn't exactly call that a big flaw.
wb> I quite like my exposures within +/-1EV

Adrian Sorescu wrote:

as>A big flaw of MX ,IMO : over/overexposure bigger thah +-1EV is not
as>signaled by the leds in a different way (lafhing) than exactly + EV.
as>Twist the aperture ring or shutter dial and start counting - bleah.