the EPSON 2450 scanner. Just a couple
of shots in my back yard I had handy.

Film: Fuji Superia 400
Camera: Olympus 35RD (sorry)
Lens: 40mm F1.7 Zuiko (6 element)
Exposure: 1/500 at F11(1)
          1/250 at F11(2)
Scanner: Epson 2450
Software: Silverfast set to Fuji Superia
Tweeks: Photoshop 6.0 Levels and Sharpening

Heres the reduced full frame files, and blowups at
actual pixels in the 2400 ppi scans:

PIX
http://jcoconnell.com/35mmscans/O35RDTREE1.jpg
http://jcoconnell.com/35mmscans/O35RDTREE1B.jpg

http://jcoconnell.com/35mmscans/O35RDTREE2.jpg
http://jcoconnell.com/35mmscans/O35RDTREE2B.jpg

Note the lack of flare in the second shot even
though the sun is in the frame! Lens isnt
even SMC either...Fantastic results.

I didnt upload the full size 2400ppi scans
because they are over 10MB a piece using
the best jpg quality setting in PS6.

Heres the camera. Its a very small all
mechanical 35mm rangefinder with what I have
found to be an outstanding lens. ( Sorry
it's not Pentax, but Pentax never got into the
rangefinder business : (

CAMERA
http://jcoconnell.com/35mmscans/OLY35RD.jpg

Anyway, these scans give a good idea what is possible
with 35mm & the EPSON 2450 scanner. I made some prints
on the 1280 printer and they are incredible sharp.
I cant believe they are from 35mm they look so good.
At 8.5 X11" even the film grain with 400 film isnt bad.
JCO