On 30 Aug 2002 at 12:54, Knut Kampe wrote:

> I'm surprised by this! I once contacted several picture banks, quite a few of
> the really big ones are located in Germany, and they clearly stated that they
> prefer slides for two reasons contrast range and much lower grain. Most of them
> digitalize the images and some even give the slide back to you after they have
> done this. The argument of pacifying editors does not hold if they only keep the
> digital image.

Hi Knut,

Nor would you expect to get an exhibition quality image from an image bank,
these entities are in existence primarily to support advertising/illustration.
Maybe I should have been more absolute, I was thinking more of photographers
who need to achieve the very best quality.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110