At 11:13 31.08.02 +1000, you wrote:
>On 30 Aug 2002 at 18:27, Knut Kampe wrote:
> > http://www.imaging-resource.com/SCAN1.HTM
> > The "Minolta Dimage Scan Multi Pro" appears to be very good

>I also noted in this review (with disdain) that the 4800dpi resolution is in
>fact interpolated :-(
>
>My heart is set on the LS 8000 ED unless its out spec'd in the next few
>months.
>
>Cheers,
>Rob Studdert

Rob where did you get that from? For 35 negs the resolution is 4800 dpi,
for MF 3200 dpi (different optics within same scanner, as I understand).
There is absolutely no statement that the resolution is interpolated!

They explicitly say: "The dimage Scan Multi Pro has the highest scanning
resolution of any scanner we tested to date (September 2001).... We confess
we really weren't expecting to see more detail from the Dimage Scan Pro
than we'd previously seen in the 4000 dpi scanner we'd reviewed, but the
Dimage surprised us: There's clearly more detail visible in it's
scans"  [They tested the Nikon Coolscan8000 a few months before in June 2001]

This is just opposite of what you claim to have read in this article!

Sorry, I do not mean to offend,
Knut