Yesterday I recieved in the mail another interesting M42 lens,
the Vivitar 200mm F3.5 from the middle 70's. I "risked" a
whopping $35 for it MINT on ebay. It's got at least 3 layer
coatings which aint too bad for a tele design.

Anyway I took it out in the back yard and was sitting waiting
for the sun to come out and it finally did. At the same time
a neighbor came out and sat near me about 15 ft away. I asked
to take her picture and she said yes but she was on the phone,
I shot anyway:

http://jcoconnell.com/temp/GIRLPHONEFNL1000.jpg

Tech data:
Spotmatic
Lighting: Mid day sunlight ( BOO!)
Fuji Superia 400
1/500 @ F11
Vivitar 200mm F3.5
Epson 2450 scanner
2400ppi (reduced for web)

This lens is excellent quality. On the large scan you
can clearly see the finest stiching on the girls shorts and even
the adjustment holes on her watchband. Skin texture
is rendered nicely too.

 I think I'll keep this lens.  :)  The view through
the viewfinder is gorgeous at F3.5.
 BTW, the pic hints at good bokeh too. I really
enjoy finding these "diamonds" in the rough for peanuts.

I am delighted with the 2450 35mm results except it
takes too damn long to scan 35mm @ 2400 ppi ( 10 minutes).
How long do typical dedicated 35mm film scanners take to scan
at full resolution???????? I may buy one just for the speed
if nothing else.....
JCO