Hi JC,
Nice shot, my friend has a Nikon Coolpix scanner, and I watched him scan in
negs at HR in around 30 Seconds. I'm sure speed will depend on how good your
PC is!  My son has a 1.6GHz Athlon XP with 500MB SD-RAM. He scans photos way
faster than I can, with my Pentium MMX 200 with 64MB Fast Page RAM.

I am pleased with the results with my Vivitar 200mm f3.5 and SPF, especially
as the lens came cheap at a garage sale. I also have a Vivitar 300mm f5.5
and Vivitar 400mm f6.3 Telephoto. My problem now is that my eyes are getting
bad, so have trouble focussing with manual lenses. I can't focus very easily
with my manual focus cameras e.g. SP/SP500/SPF/ME/MES/Program Plus/Nikon
Photomic FTn/Ricoh KR-10 and XR-X 2000.

My MZ-7 and SF-1 both have built-in diopter adjustment, and F-series AF
lenses, which helps a lot.  Although the focusing screens on the ME, MES,
Program Plus, Nikon Photomic FTn, KR-10 and XR-X 2000 are way better than
the Spotmatics, I don't know how my eyesight effects focusing with a
split-screens.  Does anyone know how the split-screen technique works?
James.

.