Feroze wrote:

> I am considering purchasing the MZS, but considering it costs the price of a
> second hand BMW here is South Africa I obvisouly did some research first on
> it, of the sites I came across www.digilander.libero.it/aohc/index.htm had
> pics of a DSLR that looked like a MZS with the battery pack, an LCD on the
> back but basicly almost like an MZS. Has anyone seen this camera, does it
> exist or are the pics fake???

It is the now shelved 6mp digital sibling to the MZ-S. The "real" digital slr is
expected by many to be shown at this years Photokina show by the end of the month.

>One question for MZS owners, what is the
> battery life on the camera, I have a Z70 & an K1000 (my grandfathers) and
> well I get about 20 36 rolls fore I have to make the battery man rich again.

>From 20-30 rolls.

> I shoot pack shots commercially for adverts I design and have been using the
> close up filters from kenko on the 38-80 lens that came with the Z70 and now
> need to upgrade. Any advice on a good 100mm Macro would be greatly
> appreciated. I have to shoot anything from jwellery to cell phones to
> groceries.

Anything but a Pentax macro lens is a shame...

> One comment on the DSLR debate, I use scans from trannies & prints everyday
> and always wince when someone provides a image on disk from a digital shot.
> Regardless of what camera from the EL1000 to the D1 I have yet to find a
> digital image to beat a trannie image. The added problem is lack of
> permanance in digital, I will always have my trannies but once the media on
> which the image is stored is faulty then all is lost- all it takes is a
> static charge to blank a memory stick???

Thats why film cameras will be along for a long time. At least until digital is
significantly better than film in image quality.

Pål