I knew there must something good in Pentax besides K1000 :)

My story is extremely short: last year, after I got sick and tired of my
Zenit, I started to look at a new SLR. I asked the omniscient Web for a
"lightweight camera with logical controls and reasonable bang for buck", and
ended up with Minolta Maxxum7 (MZ-S was a close second, but it was more
expensive and didn't have the super cool LCD on the back... I should have
known better :). Long story short -- it died on me midtrip to New Hampshire,
so I had to modify my question with additional "...not too plasticky,
battery hungry and able to survive an occasional drop of rain". This time
the answer was LX. I got that, along with an ME-Super for backup, and never
been happier. Since then I have added an MX to the collection.
I guess, Nikon and Canon have more glass and accessories readily
available -- but it took me less than a year to assemble a system as
complete as I wanted it to be. All without filing for banckrupcy protection
:) So, no complains there.

Mishka