On 28 Sep 2002 at 8:19, Malcolm Smith wrote:

> Nothing to argue with here! The 67 system is very good value at the moment, and
> it appears to have quite a following, even though some are being traded for
> digital (more for us all!).
>
> Whilst I am sure that digital will eventually give great results at current film
> prices one day soon, my only question is whether they will be able to take the
> knocks and bashes that happens in life, that the 67 has happily taken? Are
> digital cameras more robust than I suggest?

Hi Malcolm,

Even though my E-10 is a relatively inexpensive digital camera it is built on a
nice sturdy metal chassis and has a painted finish very similar to the MZ-S. I
bought it used and the guy who owned it used it pretty extensively, some of the
base was worn to metal, I certainly don't baby the camera. I have worn it over
my shoulder whilst trekking through bush and cliff trails and it gets hit
fairly often. It's all held together thus far so I'm fairly confident that the
better built digicams are as robust as their film counterparts.

I don't believe that digicams will replace MF in the near future, I'm not
planning on selling my 67 gear too soon, my Pentax 35mm gear maybe another
story though :-(

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA