Bruce Rubenstein wrote:

> From what I read in the professional photographers forums (not PJ's), most
> film including MF is becoming the providence of fine art and amateur
> photographers.

Ouch! The professional forums(!) - I like what is shared here by people who
may or may not earn their keep by use of their camera.

 I see a lot of, "I shot one roll of film last year" type of
> comments. I would not make a digital/film decision based upon
> what pros are
> doing.

I can't see anyone basing their thoughts on professional work; if that is
not part of their plan to change/enhance film usage. I wouldn't change my
67. Lots of professionals used them last year - nothing has changed for film
users, has it?

 They have different demands and requirements placed on
> their images.
> Once digital became "good enough" (which it did a couple of years
> ago), the
> issue of which gives a better image became irrelevant. Aside from
> wedding/affair photographers, most photographer's images do not wind up on
> film in their final form. They are in printed and images are handled in
> digital format for printing.

Some end up as slides, but your point is well made.

> Most of the comments I read here knocking digital are from folks that seem
> to have limited first hand experience with state of the art
> digital imaging
> devices.

Digital will be a force of the future (now, if you have the funds!) but
.....not now for me.

Malcolm