On 28 Sep 2002 at 3:35, Brad Dobo wrote:

> Uh oh, I can see a disagreement with Rob coming up :)

:-)  My Oly SLR doesn't even have a mirror mech to break, the biggest problem
at the moment with DSLRs is dead/hot pixels, which is a general failure not
mechanical.

Electronics are generally very reliable mechanically as long as the components are
well supported and that no solder joints are relied upon for mechanical strength and
electronically as long as the components are operated inside their specified safe
operation limits.

Case in point: LEDs were invented partly to solve the problem of fragile tungsten lamp
filaments in panel indicators vibrating to death during space craft take off.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110