Yes that is true but all of the support circuitry would have to be
redesigned.  I
think that one of the problems that Pentax had with the so called MZ-D was that
they planned to steal a 2 year jump on the competition with a 6 megapixel
full frame
design and realized they had a soon to overpriced middle of the road
offering.  What was
the time between the expected release date of the MZ-D and Kodak's 11
megapixel full frame
offering, about 6 months, I believe.  Pentax has to re-think it's marketing
plan as well
as take that R&D and build a more competitive product.