Hi P†l,

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:41:38 +0200, P†l Jensen wrote:

>I am considering buying a photo quality printer. I'm a total novice in these matters
>so I need advice.

I would recommend the Epson line, more specifically the A3 sized photo-printers.

The Epson 2100 (European name) is the latest and certainly greatest of that line.
It is the second one to use pigment inks resulting in long lasting prints.
(they claim 70 years when the right paper is used).

It is improved a lot over their previous model (2000P) and also became cheaper.
It is probably about 750 Eiro's at the moment, but you might have trouble
finding one quick (they are in high demand).

The 2100 will print without any white borders on the "A3+" format which is
about 13x19 inch (a little larger than 30x45 cm).

It uses 6 different colors, in 6 seperate tanks. There is also a special set to
print Black and White in an amazing quality.

I am actually waiting for one, and currenty use the (much) older Photo-printer EX
(almost 3 years old).

>Needless to say, I want best quality possible at the lower possible price. Any
>suggestions?

I really think the 2100 is the best at the moment, but unfortunately it is not the
cheapest.

Regards, Jan van Wijk
Jan van Wijk;   http://www.dfsee.com/gallery