----- Original Message -----
From: "Pål Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: October 23, 2002 9:41 AM
Subject: Which Photo quality printer?

I am considering buying a photo quality printer. I'm a total novice in these
matters so I need advice. Needless to say, I want best quality possible at
the lower possible price. Any suggestions?

Pål

Hi.

I think Epson printers in general are a good bet.  I can't compare with
other brands because my experience is entirely with Epsons.

At work I currently run Epson 1200, 870 and C80.  At home I have an 820.  In
terms of low cost and high quality I recommend the 820.  It does not seem to
be as well built as the 870 but works just fine.  I've had excellent results
with it.

(To keep up some pretence of being on topic, I'm looking forward to printing
some stuff shot with my newly acquired second LX when it gets back from CLA
at Pentax Canada...Our local camera store owner had a near-mint one with
winder and FA1 finder that he very kindly let me have for $200 Canadian as a
long-term (over 20 years) customer.  I suppose there are some benefits in
sticking around in one place for a long time and becoming an old geezer.)

John Poirier